Total Pageviews

Monday, September 2, 2013

Stepping into a digital world.

I decided to pick up a few new things over the last month.

The first was an ereader.

Now, I love books. But I don't love carrying books from place to place, or any of the space required by my 6 bajillion paperbacks.
Plus, reading a book with a small child is an exercise in frustration for both parties.

Enter the ereader:
Compact, easy to use, and able to store more than twice my entire library.
No pages to turn, and self lighting!
Well.

The problem then became WHICH ereader to acquire.

I started off looking at the Kindle. But I don't like ads and they make you pay 20$ to get one that doesn't display ads. I have no desire to be marketed at while I'm reading, thanks a bajillion.
Also, I wanted a simple, non color(I already have a tablet, I don't want another) reader. The Kindle that fits that description doesn't have any way to add additional storage.
Meh.

Then I switched to look at a Kobo Glo.
How interesting.
The downside to this one is a non replaceable battery.

I ended up getting a Nook Simple Touch with Glo Light
It's simple.
It's easy to use.
It connects to Barnes and Noble.
:)
It was a dead heat for me between this and the Kobo, really.
But I don't KNOW the Kobo store.
And I got a terrific deal on this one!
No pages for the baby to chew, and if I close the leather case, he can gnaw on it.


No comments:

Post a Comment