Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

On my mind...(RANT)

So,
There's apparently a bakery in Gresham, Oregon that decided they would refuse service to a lesbian couple because they are christians and god doesn't like gay people.

Now, apart from the sheer stupidity of turning away business, it's also illegal in Oregon to discriminate against someone on the basis of their sexual orientation.

What the logical extension of what these bigots is saying is this:
If I own a business, and I happen to belong to a cult that believes in murder, I have the right to kill anyone who comes into my shop.
Religious freedom, if it takes precedence over the law has to be uniformly applied.

Putting more obstacles in the path of people who have had to struggle..well, that's not the act of any kind of loving individual.

1 comment: