Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The esteemable Fr. Basil

asked me a question, and I think it's a great one for me to answer here!
So you should all thank him!

:D

He asked "Regarding that 1222, did you get it apart by feel, or did you use a manual?"

The answer to this question is somewhat central to my style/ethos as a repair person.

For machines that I KNOW (Singer 201,15,301,400s,500s Bernina 700s,800s....etc) I just do it.
I know these machines well enough that I don't neeed to look at a manual, I can just fix them.

For machines that I've only worked on a few times, I ALWAYS use a servicing manual.

There are tons of little bits of information that are specific to each model, and if you don't already know what you're doing 100% then you are doing a disservice to your clients by not using every bit of information you can find.
I have a collection of Service manuals for various machines, and if I run into a machine that I DON'T have the manual for...
well, that's what the internet is for!
I order one online!

No comments:

Post a Comment