Total Pageviews

Monday, March 19, 2012

Another Rant, but this one is SAFE!

So...
I've been working on a Pfaff 1222, I think I may have mentioned it a few times?
Yes?

Here she is, partially reassembled.

Anyway, the woman who brought her to me apparently had her repaired somewhere else before, and when the machine was returned it just 'didn't feel right'. 
We've all been there, right? And we chalk it up to 'just us'.
Well, in this case, she was 100% right!
Whoever the person was who did the initial work had no clue what they were doing.
The cam control system was connected WRONG......
There were a few other issues, and there are problems that were caused BY that error...but really?

Then she tells me that her sister took a Bernina to this same place. The machine is not going into reverse, it's only sewing in a forward motion. And her sister is told "That machine can't be fixed!"
Wait, what?

A Bernina..that can't be repaired?
Ummmmmmmmmmm.

I have one thing to say about that:
"No"

Seriously, some people should not be allowed to run repair shops.
There isn't a Bernina out there that CANNOT be repaired...

I've shown you all the one I got where the motor had been on fire, right? And even that one runs just fine once I scraped the melted goo off and resanded the commutator.



No comments:

Post a Comment