Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ethics and principles...

You hear a lot of talk these days about ethics..
ethical conduct, values, etc..

So why do I have so many people come to me after they've been treated badly elsewhere?

I'm no saint, but I am someone who believes that treating people fairly is 100% the way to go.

Look, besides allowing you to feel good about yourself, it's just sound business practice.
My customers/clients know I'm not going to lie to them. If that means telling them they bought a terrible machine, or chiding them when they are considering trading out a vintage machine for a new piece of terrible plastic...so be it.
I'm not going to make up things that need to be fixed on there machine 'the gyrodongle needs to be refibrualicated!' or tell them they need new parts 'Yeah, I'd replace that whole needle bar! It'll save you a bunch of stress in the future!' unless it's true.

And I think most people that come to me understand that.

So why do these places treat the women who shop at them with disdain?
From blatant disregard to bald faced lies?

I'm really not sure. I think part of it is that they are so sure that their customers WON'T go elsewhere that they feel safe behaving in a truly egregious manner.
Maybe that'll change when they see their business falling off...
maybe not.


No comments:

Post a Comment