Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 2, 2011

The results..

are in.

I started using the Bernina thinking about all the stories I've heard about how finicky they are. How the bobbin hook area needs to be kept absolutely spotless etc.
Well, I was pleasantly surprised by how non-twitchy this machine really was. I don't really have the patience/desire to baby a sewing machine. 
If it doesn't do what I need it to, then I've got 60bajillion others to chose from.

Without the adapter foot, I can see the price of Bernina feet becoming an issue.
50$ for a ruffler? Are they smocking crack?
But a little 14$ foot ordered online gave that machine access to the entire catalog of Singer feet...wow!

So, brass tacks time.

The bobbin winder on the Record 730 is one of the strangest apparatuses I have yet to encounter.
I'll show you what I mean:
you open this lid

to get at this stuff.

you then need to extend the winding arm, the thread goes 
around it in a clearly marked way that will no doubt have you 
checking your sanity..

But, apart from this one thing, I love this machine.
The stitch quality is excellent. The motor is not ridiculously loud. The foot thingy is really easy to change, it has 2 speed settings....
Yeah.

I'll post pics of the new dress soon, it needs an additional row of ruffles.(it's a bit too short....)






No comments:

Post a Comment